Wednesday 23 September 2009

Out of the Red and into the Black

As a few people have asked me this question, I thought that it was probably time that I announced the next show I will be performing in.

I will be returning to the barricade playing the role of Enjolras on the 25Th Anniversary International Tour of Les Miserables.

I will be joining this new production that already has a Stella cast attached; including John Owen Jones (Valjean), Earl Carpenter (Javert) and Gareth Gates (Marius). This is one of the most exciting projects that could think to be involved in. Not only do I get to rediscover the musical I love, but I have the challenge of a new role, set and costume design, cast and staging to play with. I could not be more excited.

The tour dates can be found on www.lesmis.com/tour.htm and tickets are on sale now. Updates to my site will follow soon. We're working a new design for the site that will launch later in the year with new features, pictures and videos, another thing I'm excited about.

The Leicester Square Theatre cabaret "How did I get here...?" has sold out, so thank you to any of you who bought tickets and I'll see you there.

ps - Check out www.whatsonintheatre.com for a great ad a friend of mine put up!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you're returning to Les Miserables...the pity is that you're not playing Marius, Which is a character that suits you a lot, but I'm sure that Gareth will do it great, and that you'll be a perfect Enjolras.

    I wish you the best of the lucks and I hope I'll see you on stage soon!

    Love,

    Natalia

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi jon

    that is great news and you going on tour with les mis you will make a great enjolras,

    I love the ad on what on theatre.com and good luk with that and unfortually i can not be there to see you

    from tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab news Jon and thanks for sharing! I'm sure the tour will be great and I look forward to seeing you next weekend.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally something is coming up here to Scotland. The West End is so far away but now it's coming to Edinburgh (albeit in a slightly altered form). I saw Les Mis last September and am really looking forward to seeing you in a new role. D Thaxton is really impressive as Enjolras though, so some big shoes to fill there :)

    All the best for rehearsals, the start of the tour and of course your Cabaret! Next May seems an age away but I'm already looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete